Wednesday 11 November 2009

lest we forgot


Lest we forget ...
In Flanders Fields
In Flanders fields the poppies blowBetween the crosses, row on row,That mark our place; and in the skyThe larks, still bravely singing, flyScarce heard amid the guns below.
We are the Dead. Short days agoWe lived, felt dawn, saw sunset grow,Loved, and were loved, and now we lie In Flanders fields.
Take up our quarrel with the foe:To you from failing hands we throwThe torch; be yours to hold it high.If ye break faith with us who dieWe shall not sleep, though poppies grow In Flanders fields.
Dec 8, 1915 John McCrae
taken from

http://www.mun.ca/marcomm/remember/

1 comment:

  1. I cry every time I read this poem. I remember having to learn it by heart when I was in school.

    ReplyDelete

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...