Tuesday 10 November 2009

craftin' crazyness!






My little guy was off sick with me for 2 days. Friday afternoon I knew he was really sick as the moment we got in the car to go grocery shopping he fell fast asleep. I drive to Timmy's and got myself a coffee before taking him home to bed. That day I really didn't mind that he watched about 4 hours of TV. He really had no energy to do anything else.




Over the weekend he seemed fine. He did have a snotty, runny nose and a slight cough but we were certain he was on the mend. No more fever and a lot more energy. Monday morning his cough seemed to have gotten worse and he didn't want to get out of bed in the morning (although he rarely gets up on his own these days- our 5 am riser has now taken to sleeping in till 7 or 8 if we let him- this type of behaivour isn't supposed to happen till teenage years-or so i thought!!) We decided to play it safe and keep him home again. I took him to the doctor- who said it's just a cold and he's fine.





So what does one do with a 3 year old all day? I didn't want him watching too much TV (a couple of hours was the limit). So off to Walmart we went in search of activity ideas, I got paint and popcicle sticks, construction paper and activity books galore... i am hoping to build up my "rainy/sick day" box so that we never have to spend hours bored in front of the TV again!
I used to silently make fun of the moms I knew who had "craft chests" and piles of "activities" around the house...I thought they were overly "keen" and thought the kids did enough of that stuff at school...so who needed it at home too. Boy do I owe them apologies!! Having crafting stuff at home can be a real saviour. We were able to spend about 2 hours sitting at the table painting popcicle stick and making picture frames for daddy! Another decent chunk of time was spent making pictures with paint and markers. phew...thank goodness for Walmart being close by (although i'm pretty sure I could have bought some of the stuff at the dollar store too-for a lot cheaper!!)
The final pictures! Notice the circles which look just like a guitar...well that is what they are supposed to be!! I was pretty impressed!


Some of the goods!


another angle.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...