Wednesday 25 August 2010

Bye-bye summer sad to see you go but...

Summer is obviously coming to an end. The mornings are getting cooler and the days are getting shorter. There is more need to bring a sweater than ever before.
This summer the fashion trends were quite varied but a lot of them leaned towards the super short shorts. I will not be sorry to see these go. So many girls have been sporting this style when really they should think about wearing their shorts just a wee bit longer. I really don't think everybody needs to see your almost bikini line or the hem of your panties peaking out from under the shorts. Then there is the too heavy girl wearing the too revealing shorts... i won't even go there, no need to create such an unpleasant picture in your mind on that one!

The next summer trend I'll be happy to go is the sandal boot. I just don't like them. I did try a pair or two on out of curiosity but really they do nothing for your foot/leg and I really don't think they look good with short, or skirts. Maybe, just maybe they are okay with capris and more okay with long pants-but so many people don't wear them with capris or longs... please ladies take a really good look in the mirror before you head out the door in these sandal/boots! UGH.

The gladiator sandal is another summer foot trend I just didn't get into. I like the beaded sandals and the ones with stones but ones with straps half way up the leg or too much leather on the top are just not my style (and honestly I have yet to see a woman pull this off looking chique and stylish)

Of course there were a lot of fashion trends this summer I will be sad to see go.
I love peasant tops. They are so cool and breezy, come in so many colors and fits- i had 2 which I really loved wearing with capris or jeans.
Printed t-shirts. I love all the butterfly and floral prints I found this year. I just hope they are trendy again next summer as I'd hate to only get one seasons wear from them!

Sundresses. These do come back from summer to summer and usually the styles are pretty similar so I'm sure that next year I'll be able to sport the ones I bought this year without much thought. I was never into dresses before but became somewhat addicted to them this year. I bought 4 summer dresses and wore them as much as I could. I have even purchased a little shrug I hope to wear over them when the weather gets cooler but still warm enough to wear skirts without hose/tights.
Dresses with leggings. I love this look but could never actually find one that suited me. Of course I only tried on one or two and then gave up... perhaps if i'd searched harder!

Can't wait to see what becomes all the rage this fall! I did notice some fall clothes in the store windows this morning...maybe i'll take a peak to see what i can find!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:02 pm

    I think ruffles will be big this fall...I am seeing them everywhere. They are tough though..they can look funky...but sometimes they look messy or just silly.

    Also I have seen loads of leather (or fake leather) skirts around this fall. Hmm...I am not into that at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ruffles and leather...sounds too '80's for my taste! Sort of like all the studded booties I've been noticing in shoe store window-Not a fan of those either!
    I noticed ruffles too but I think they make women who have any shape look too big! if you are smaller chested then they enhance but if you have anything on top they over emphasize!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on the peasant tops and sundresses! Love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I noticed ruffles too but I think they make women who have any shape look too big! if you are smaller chested then they enhance but if you have anything on top they over emphasize!

    ReplyDelete

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...