Friday 20 August 2010

My first run

in a really really long time.
A few nights ago I went for my first run in probably 7 years. I was inspired by Fansy Pantsy and since she asked if I wanted to meet up and join her for a run, I thought it couldn't hurt! Well I did about 3 k and felt really good about it. I know 3k isn't that much but I did that without any stopping or "wind sprinting" (running 1 minute, walking 3 etc)
Running is something I could definitely see myself doing regularly. It is so freeing and easy (not the actually running but the fact that you can put your shoes on and go-no driving to the gym, no hopiong something good is on TV while you pound it out on the elliptical) You just put your shoes on and off you go! Wonderful!
My legs were quite sore the next day and had a fairly hard time going up my 5 flights of stairs so opted for the elevator once or twice rather than kill myself. Today (Friday) my legs and butt muscles are kind of sore but I'm not sure if that is the running or the Zumba class I did last night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...