Wednesday 25 January 2006

all these changes goin' on!!

Since learning of my pregnancy early November I have noticed a variety of changes in my both my physical and psychological state...
Physically I have started to notice the obvious such as weight gain, increased breast size and overall heavy legged feeling. I did allow myself to overindulged early on in my pregnancy by eating excessive amounts of carbs and junk food-something I am not normally prone to doing. I just couldn't help myself!! Chips and french fries and chipolte buritos from Taco Bell kept calling out to me and I couldn't be rude and ignore their pleas to be consumed!! Now in my second trimester the absurd cravings for grease have subsided but unfortunately some serious damage has been done!! Time to start exercising a little more...maybe I'll offer to take my parents' dog for a long walk daily...neither of them can really walk that long as they both have serious knee problems...
As for the new cleavage I've gained...All I can say is WOW...who knew how much boobs could grow in such a short time!! I have already had to go buy bigger bras to accommodate, I actually tried on a couple of nursing bras, which I liked but decided that with 5 months to go it is best to wait to closer to my due date to buy those...don't want to outgrow those too!!
OY...my legs have been feeling SOOO heavy these days. Sometimes I have the hardest time walking down stairs, especially after working on my feet for hours at a time. Feels kind of like my ankles are swollen but when I look at them i can't see anything...who knows !!! I won't even venture into talking about the new vericose veins i've discovered (i've had some since I was about 19 as I worked on my feet a lot during university and in the summers)
EMOTIONALLY
Now i have always been an extremely sensitive person and this whole pregnancy thing has just intensified this tenfold! Crying at cell phone commercials, crying while reading the newspaper, crying while hearing a song on the radio have all become norm these days...although this has calmed down a little in the past week or two I thought my tear ducts were going to dry up...poor hubby had no clue when the dam would break and flooding would start!!Again with the stabilization of those darn hormones untimely crying has calmed down too!!
Funny how although I've always wanted to be a mom this whole process is still pretty scarey!! Suddenly when reality starts setting in and I really think about the fact that I can't give back this baby EVER unlike when babysitting or playing with friends kids this baby is now %100 mine(Well ours) and there is no turning back..i suppose if thousands of people have done this before it can't be that bad...live and learn will never take on a more real meaning!!

that's all for now :)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:44 pm

    LOVED your post! D, that is soooooo exciting! Kinda neat to see all those changes going on! Bet it's really surreal to see this all happening before your very own eyes. Kisses to you and Gavin!

    ReplyDelete

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...