Wednesday 27 September 2006

Postcards from the Mothership

Postcards from the Mothership
i agree with allowing women to nurse babies anywhere they need to as babies must eat BUT I'm not sure this woman was discriminated against. She was not asked to but her boob away and stop breastfeeding, she was told that she cannot bring her baby to the class PERIOD. She probably should have inquired prior to the registration about whether or not she could bring the baby to class. Perhaps there was a safety issue or health concern ( this is a pottery class, maybe there are fumes and possible toxins in the air)
Of course she has a right to nurse her baby anywhere she needs to but this is not the real issue here-the issue is whether or not the baby is welcome in the class at all...

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:32 am

    Yeah, if something is adults only, than it is not for babies. It sucks that new exclusively breastfeeding mommies cannot attend such things, but that it part of becoming a parent. Suck it up and wait a few months!

    When I was EBF I did not go anywhere without Zoë for more than an hour, and I did not arrange to do things that would take longer until Zoë was old enough to take solids or use a sippy cup.

    This was an adult's only workshop, and this woman should not have registered for it if she was planning to bring her 5 month old baby, or at the very least she should have explained to the organizer that she would like to attend the workshop but has a 5 month old baby she is BF and would like to bring, and seen if it is okay. When Zoë was EBF I often asked to bring her to places she was not invited. Well, actually I would not ask, but when I declined something I would say that was why, and more often than not was asked to please feel free to bring Zoë in that case. (of course this would not have happened with the workshop, but still, she could have tried instead of just breaking the restriction than getting mad when she is called on it.)

    I, of course, would breastfeed my baby anywhere that I bring her. But I would not bring her to an event that is clearly not for children.

    ReplyDelete

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...