Tuesday 12 September 2006

Winners?!?!

Yesterday I took a trip downtown. After walking around Yorkville for a while I decided to check out the new Winner's on Bloor. There was so much controversy and hooplah made about this store opening in this location I needed to check it out. Well this store is not your typical Winners! The first indication that things are different here was when I looked at a beautiful purse by TOD'S and discovered the $1200 price tag staring back at me...my jaw hit the floor! The next item in question was a stunning wool coat (name brand i'm sure) with a price of $999.99 (why bother with the .99 at this point?!?!) I also came across loads of shoes in the +$200 range...I'm just prepared to spend that kind of money at Winner's of all places... and Winner's is supposed to be affordable...i guess affordable is a relative word.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:01 am

    Yup, Winners has gone up a lot. There is still afforadable stuff too though. It is not only the Bloor Store either...My mom told me the HWY 7 and 400 store is advertising Coach and Kate Spade. I haven't checked it out yet (and probably wont for a while, as I really am all bagged out right now!!!)

    I guess it is nice that they are getting designer stuff, but it makes it hard to enjoy some low priced shopping at Winner shwen you keep getting distracted (and tempted) by the designer stuff, at a discount but still unaffordable price!

    ReplyDelete

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...