Monday 29 January 2007

adventures in body waxing...

well not as exciting as the title sounds...I decided to try and wax my own eyebrows as I know both Jill and Christine have done this task before. I bought the Andreas face and bikni wax a while ago and did try it once but was not successful so i put it away until the other day. I figured that Elie was sleeping and i didn't feel like cleaning the house so i pulled out the box of wax strips. The instructions say to warm the wax strips between your hands by rubbing- i used a hairdryer as i did note that last time the wax was not warm enough. I thought this might work...well here are pictures of my before and after...tell me what you think.
i have not had much luck with my attempts to wax my own eyebrows...I think i'll make a trip to the salon tomorrow to have them done proffesionally- i know the bushy look is in again but this is just too much :0
I can't see any difference AT ALL!!!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE this topic, D!! Did you post before and after pics or are they both of the "after" waxing?

    I have waxed my own brows before, but prefer getting it done at a salon. I always make a mess of things and get goop all over where its not supposed to be! Argh!

    I haven't waxed my brows in ages though. I now do a combination of what Jill has suggested in a post and what I normally do. I am a plucker. I have my trusty pair of tweezers and I pluck strays and trim. I also got some little brow razors from Jill (thank you, Jill!!) and I also use the NYC brow kit (also posted on Jill's blog).

    Can't wait to see your post salon brows! I am such a brow freak, it's not even funny. I'm obsessed with brows! LOL! You've got nice brows to begin with, D! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. my point exactly- before and after NOT A DIFFERENCE AT ALL!!
    I am going to try and get to the mall tomorrow to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to comment yesterday but couldn't. Ultimately, I find those strips do little for eye-brows. I use tweezers to touch up, and a little shaver if I really need to groom and have not time to get a real waxing! The strips are good for the upper lip though.

    No, cannot see much difference...I am sure they look great today though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. was at the mall and was going to get them done but the girls working at Trade Secrets looked so happy gossiping I didn't want to interupt them- gotta get to a salon where they care about customer service!!

    ReplyDelete

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...