Monday 1 January 2007

I've resolved to...

Well it's pretty early January first and I've been up for a while. I decided that part of my New Year's resolution would be to get up early daily and do the errands I've been avoiding since Elie was born. I have been complaining for ages now that the house is a mess and needs to be organized- well since I have realized that hubby's promises of doing this job are pretty empty I'm doing them myself- slowly but they are going to get done!
I also wanted to finally finish decorating the nursery so I started on that too, i've hung the mural we bought for him before he was born. I'm off to get a frame for some of his pictures to hang those too (well that will have to wait until the stores are open tomorrow)
So here is my list of things I would like to work on or things i resolve to do/change
1)I am going to try and just do things rather than complain that they need to be done (like cleaning the house, the car etc...)
2) think before i speak and not take things so personally(especially with family members)
3) make some time for myself each day-either by exercising or reading a book for my pleasure- both things i loved doing before but haven't done in a long time
4) start cooking more again- i've been a little lazy lately and have bought too many frozen lasagnas and mousakas to be healthy!
5) try to call friends more often- i have become an email junky, if people don't use email as often as i do then i tend to lose touch with them
6) read the newspaper or at least try to listen to the news more often- i feel completely out of touch with what is going on in the world
7) not get so upset when Elie is crying uncontrollably and remember he is just a baby and baby's cry
Okay that is it- 7 resolutions for 2007...

5 comments:

  1. Those all sound like good resolutions. I recently took care of some stuff around the house I had been nagging Adam about forever, it felt so good to finally get them done (and do it without Adam, though it did take some help form my dad!).

    Fish is a great alternative to frozen dinners, it bakes just as quickly and is way healthier, and you can throw some asparagus next to it and boil some rice while it is cooking...that is what I make often now!!! I have never tried frozen Mousaka, is it good???

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. supercenter is always open on New Year's, if you are committed to getting frames and doing it while Gavin is home to stay with Elie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent resolutions, Dina :) They all sound very reasonable and realistic too.

    If you want quick, easy, healthy recipes, I can e-mail you some. I know you are an excellent cook though! I lived with you and remember how delcious your cooking was! I've become all about the quick, easy, healthy meals since John and I got married. I have no time to labor and toil in the kitchen for hours to get meals done. Do you have a slowcooker? Those things are heaven sent. Seriously!

    Happy New Year! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are great resolutions Dina- I made one so far that is your #4 - made the mistake of saying it out loud to Ian so now I can't back out! It's so easy to get caught up in the prepared foods, even more so with the 2 kiddos. Don't worry about being organized and too messy - I guess I have a better tolerance than my husband, but things do get put away eventually. We didn't move Giselle into her own nursery until she was about 13 months old - we took a while to decorate too!
    Have a great 2007!

    ReplyDelete
  5. started on the cooking thing again! made a yummy meatloaf yesterday and baked tilapia today! woohoo!!!

    ReplyDelete

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...