Friday 26 January 2007

No Babies on Board

"No Babies on Board"
The recent news about a family being kicked off an AirTran flight because they were unable to get their 3 year old daughter to take her seat caught my attention. I was curious to know what others thought of the ailine asking the family to depart the plane and later reimbursing them for 3 tickets plus offering them an upgrade. The comments left on the MSN site seemed to mostly agree with the airline. I was surprised but quite happy to read that most people believe the parents needed to take control of the situation rather than letting their daughter run the show. A 15 minute delay doesn't sound like much but when listening to a 3 year old whine for that long i'm sure it felt like an eternity!
I have never flown with a child but i have been on flights with crying children and I can say it isn't pleasurable at all.
What do you think of the airlines decision to kick this family off the plane after the child caused a 15 minute delay to all the other passengers???

1 comment:

  1. I agreed with the airline. If the child was just whining and crying, I would not have. Listening to a child whine and cry sucks...but they are allowed on airplanes, so, I am not sure it is fair to make them leave just because they are being loud. All babies at times cry uncontrollably and cannot be soothed! It is part of being somewhere babies are, and on planes the parents don't have the option of leaving the room to calm them like they do in restaurants or Synagogue. But this child was under the seats of the plane, refusing to sit in her seat and hitting her mother when she tried to pull her out. Who knows how long it would have taken to have gotten this child in the seat, and whether or not they would have been able to make her stay in her seat. That is a safety hazard, and someone that cannot be kept safe on a plane should not be on a plane. Expecting the plane to delay even longer is unreasonable, and people may have to catch connecting flights, etc...

    As for the parents letting the little girl run the show...who knows? 3 year olds can be unpredicatable and even my generally well-behaved (in public anyways-she rarely tantrums in public) child can sometimes be very very unreasonable. 3 year olds, when tantrumming, can be very very difficult to contain. It would have been nice if the parents had been able to control her better...but I don't think it means she is necessarily a child who is normally allowed to run the show just because of this one tantrum. Who knows what was going on? Perhaps the flight in had been awful for her, with bad turbulance and horrible ear-plugging? I also read somewhere (not sre if it is true) that the parents were in the row behind the little girl, so they could hold hands. I am pretty positive that my little girl would take a fit if she had to fly on a plane and sit next to strangers with Adam and I behind her (although, if this is the case, I do blame the parents. What kind of parents would make a small child sit alone on a plane?!)

    ReplyDelete

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...