Thursday 25 March 2010

Oh what TO wear...?!?!

This upcoming weekend I have a bridal shower to attend. I haven't been to a shower is some time- and the last one was an evening affair at a fancy home where most of the girls were dressed up more than I usually dress to a wedding!! (the bride for that one was VERY young and most likely the absolute first of her friends to get married so they were really excited and all likely still do the club scene etc..) This one is also for a youngish bride (25) but it is an afternoon affair and I just cannot imagine the hostess of this one dressing up (she NEVER dresses up- and even when she does it just doesn't appear dressy)
anyway my whole point of this post is I have no clue what to wear. I do not own a pair of dress pants. I never have to wear them- to work or otherwise. I have a couple of skirts but haven't worn those in a long time either.. my closet is not a typical female closet. I have a handful of tops/sweaters that I rotate for work, about 5 pairs of jeans, and that is about it. Finding clothing that fits, looks good and doesn't break the bank is always a problem for me. I went to Fairweather yesterday, tried on about 6 items and came out empty handed- their stuff looks so nice on the mannequins but just cheap and flimsy on. The price is right but that is about it. I have been into Reitmans about 1/2 a dozen times in the past few days and they just don't seem to want to cater to the average size woman anymore- the petit stuff was very cute and the plus sized things looked nice too but they had really nothing for me...argh!! Today it is off to Jacob to see what I can find... unfortunately the outfit i do end up I can't even wear to the Passover Sedars because the shower is on Sunday, the first sedar Monday and second on Tuesday..and most of the same people will be at all 3!! oh such dilemas!

4 comments:

  1. Leggings, boots, and a long tunic shirt - Joe Fresh has some really cute striped tunics that look like long men's shirts with some ruffles added - very inexpensive! They have great dresses too (wrap dresses and some shifts) - so affordable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's an idea...i went to Jacob today but nothing looks right on me...it's been so long since i bought more than jeans i have no idea what to look for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about shopping in my closet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. FP- i could do that!! I almost always find something to wear in there! i have a pair of jeans i've been meaning to ask if you want to borrow/have. They are my fave but don't quite fit right anymore. Tried on a really awesome dress today at RW but can't justify the $68 price tag.

    ReplyDelete

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...