Sunday 3 June 2012

ism's and tism's

A few sayings or phrases I commonly hear but just can't stand:

See ya- (not "see ya later" but just "see ya") I'm not sure why this one bugs me so much but when I hear someone say it I feel like they are being condescending and sarcastic
Is that so? It is like the person saying it doesn't really believe you or they think what you're saying is insignificant.
You look tired -in other words, you look like sh*t. Thanks! I know I'm tired and don't have much makeup on but do you need to point it out to me!
YouĂ©ve lost weight-  I just hate when the focus is on my weight. Sure I lost weight about 2 years ago and have managed to keep it off but I have other things in my life besides my weight! Take some time to ask about those things.

1 comment:

  1. That's funny...none of those things really bother me except being tld I look tired. Even though I too lost weight a long time ago and very little in the last 18 months or so, I like hearing that I look like I've lost more...since it means I am getting noticably fitter!!

    What I do hate is when people say "You look great" and mean "You look thin"...as if it is all about size. There are lots of people that look great and aren't thin. I remember last summer I bumped into someone I knew had a baby a couple months earlier at an event. She was very put together...dressed nice, hir well done, make-up well done...looked really good (but not as thin as pre-baby, as expected). She had clearly taken effort to look nice, but when I told her how great she looked, she patted her stomach and said "Oh no, I have along way to go, you look great" even though I was a mess that night (it was a casual camp event, I was dressed to go to yoga aferwards, with no make-up and a messy pony-tail)! I thought it was sad that someone who had gone to effort to look nice for an event could not accept that she did look good just because she still had some post-partum weight!

    ReplyDelete

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...