Saturday 16 June 2012

Learning to Run

I have been running/jogging a bit more lately and have definitely started learning things about the wonderful sport...

First. when you can't find your sports bra...any old bra just won't do!!! My girls aren't particularly large but definitely do require support and proper support when running is imperative. Now that I've done a 5k in a bouncy bra, i will search until I find my running bra...each and every time!!

Second. I much rather enjoy early morning runs. It is so peaceful outside and way cooler too. I tried running at 3pm last week and almost passed out. I did manage to get in my 5km run but not without a few short walk breaks just to catch my breath. Will try for morning runs whenever I can from now on.

Third. Taking water with me make a huge difference in my performance. I normally don't take water but did today and boy was I happy I did. Half way through my run when I normally would have stopped due to exhaustion I was able to take a few sips of water and just run on. What a revelation I had!!!

Lastly- persistence. For me working through my negative attitude of "I can't do this" and just going for it was not easy but i have learned to just get my shoes on and go for it. No matter how short my run or how hard it is, once I"m done I feel great!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...