Saturday 28 April 2007

How often do you....

do the following...
i was watching Oprah a while back and she mentioned that she changes her bed sheets every other day...i thought that sounded a little excessive (she probably has someone do it for her) but it got me wondering about the following
How often do you
1) change your bed sheets?
2) wash your floor?
3) vaccum the carpets?
4) do laundry?
5) clean the bath tub?
6) wash the sinks with bleach/disinfectant?
7) dust all major surfaces?
8) run your dishwasher?
9) clean the toilet?
10) sweep the floor?

Here are my answers
1) once a week (or sometimes 2 weeks)
2) once a week (now- i used to wait way longer but now that we've got a baby-must do it more often)-was talking to a friend who said her nanny cleans their floor every day- I wish!!
3) n/a (we have no carpets)
4) once a week (about 5-6 loads in one day)
5) once a week or two
6) try to remember once a day
7) oy...not nearly enough(usually do it when i can clearly write my name in the dust)
8) every other day
9) try to remember once a week or so
10) should do it once a day but probably get to it once a week

4 comments:

  1. Okay, I'm not going to answer any of those questions because you would be thoroughly disgusted and probably never want to visit my home! I just wanted to comment on your picture with Elie - soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Karen, you are too funny!
    Dina, my answers:
    1)once every 2 weeks or so
    2)once a week
    3)once a week (only 2 rooms have carpet though)
    4)once a week (4-5 loads in 1 day)
    5)once a week
    6)almost every day (I know. Paranoid, eh?)
    7)once a week if I'm lucky
    8)n/a (Don't have one. I don't like dishwashers)
    9) 2 times a week
    10) 4-5 times a week. Sometimes less.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:06 am

    Yeah, what Karen said. I do sweep the kitchen every day. Beyond that, it is pretty gross. OK though, I'll play:

    1)Once every 2-4 weeks, and after any illness.
    2)Once every week (with swiffer wet)
    3)Upstairs every 1-2 weeks, and spot vaccuum when and where I need to. The whole house? Once every few months.
    4)Once a week, 3-4 loads that day. (Adam does his own laundry, 2 loads a week)
    5)Umm, you're supposed to clean it? Isn't it clean, from having nothing but soap and water in it? (when Zoë bathed, once every few weeks...now we all shower, so we use a after-shower spray and rarely actually clean the tub. If I notice mildew or rust or something, I'll scrub it best I can. It is an old tub, a lot of what looks like dirt is just never coming off. We need to refinish it.)
    6) I wipe it down with clorox at the end of most days, and wipe the countertops, stove-top and table with Lysol Multi-surface every day.
    7)Eh, not so much. When something looks dusty, I dust it. But I don't routinely dust.
    8)Maybe 3 times a week.
    9)Once every week or two. Whenever it looks like it needs it. But I wipe down all the surfaces in the washroom (including the exterior of the toilets) once or twice a week.
    10)Almost every day, at least in the kitchen and front hall. The dining room gets little trafic, so when it looks like it needs it.

    Ok, when I write it out like that, it actually does not look so bad. I always feel like I don't clean much because I rarely do a "whole house cleaning"...I tend to clean things when I am there and they need it (wipe down the kitchen when Zoë finishes her dinner, wipe down the bathroom when I am waiting for my dipilatory or a face mask to set...etc. I am a big multi-tasker).

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey dina,
    i will play but I also thought of a couple of things for your list..how about clean the kids toys and clean out the fridge.
    1) change your bed sheets? Every week
    2) wash your floor? every other day
    3) vaccum the carpets? Try to do once a week but have not been successful
    4) do laundry? 2 times a week
    5) clean the bath tub? every 3 days
    6) wash the sinks with bleach/disinfectant? once a week at least
    7) dust all major surfaces? once evrey 2 weeks
    8) run your dishwasher? every day sometimes 2 times a day
    9) clean the toilet? would like to say everyday.
    10) sweep the floor? every day

    ReplyDelete

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...