Wednesday 10 October 2007

Good Times...

The last few weeks have been great ones. The weather has been nicer than normal (although i am missing the lovely cool crisp fall weather we normally have) the sun has been shining and I have had chance run-ins with several old friends.
It is so hard to keep in touch with people you meet along the road of life. Even in this day of email and internet communication it is easy to lose touch. When one changes jobs, moves to a new home or even changes email addresses the chance to lose touch is there. Recently the family and I ran into an old friend/co-worker and her family. Last time I had seen her she was expecting her son. He is now 5 years old and such a big, handsome boy!!! It was amazing to see them and catch up for a few minutes. It might be another 5 years until we run into each other again. They are downtown dwellers and we are suburbanites...
Then a couple of weeks later I was walking around at Word on the Street with the family and there right in my path was another old friend/co-worker from the same old job...it was so awesome to catch up with her. She has a beautiful g-d daughter and she was excited to meet my son as she made him laugh hysterically-so much better to meet in person than to look at photos on Facebook!!!!
Yesterday i ran into another old friend, in the most obscure place. I was waiting in the parking lot of my office building for hubby to come and collect me after work. He was running late and i was getting a little worried, when out of nowhere there appeared another friend. He told me he walks that way almost daily, had hubby not been late i would have never met him there. It was really wonderful to have a few minutes to catch up. I learned that he is now living in his own condo downtown rather than renting. He left our old company about a year ago and just seems so happy himself!
Then to add to the positivity, i met up with an old friend for coffee last night and it felt like no time had passed since last we saw other...imagine 10 years had gone by!!!
AND this week a great friend will be in town and I cannot wait to spend some time with her in person catching up and just having plain old fun :))))

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:05 pm

    I am glad things are so good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you. it is easier than i thought to be maintaining this positive attitude and it actually makes life a little nicer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great that you've met up again with so many familiar faces - it does make life a little easier when you stop to appreciate the good things. Such a nice post Dina!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks Karen! i really think it helps to stop and appreciate all the little things. Been smiling more to myself lately!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dina! It was soooooooooo good seeing you, Danielle and Karen last week!!! I'm so sad it was for such a short time though! I'll have to be back in TO sometime again in Nov or Dec to bring my student for her ESL testing and interviews.

    You look great, btw! I love your hair!

    ReplyDelete

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...