Wednesday 3 October 2007

The Power of Positive Thinking

A few years ago I decided that I was going to be a positive person. I totally changed my attitude and my outlook, things really did feel better. Life was good, customers at the store where i worked were happier, I was happier!!! I was able to do things I had avoided in the past, I lost weight, gained a boyfriend and just seemed to have more fun in general...then something happened and the cynic in me reared it's ugly head again...not sure what happened but over the course of a few years i was back to my old ways!!
I have decided that I'm going to return to that positive person I had worked hard to become. I have started this new attitude at work and already i notice that irrate clients and unhappy seniors in general aren't getting to me(as much). I have been able to push aside their nastiness and come out on top!! I have stopped muttering obscenities under my breath when i get off the line and just move on to the next client!
It is amazing what a change in attitude can do for ones life!! I feel like I can enjoy every day things a lot more- just taking a walk or the fall colors on the trees seem like amazing miracles that we are meant to observe and be thankfull for!
Let's hope I can learn a lesson from Chrissy who is ALWAYS super positive- as long as I can remember she has been such an inspiration for positive thinking/attitude. and keep this up!!
UPDATE: So weird that i wrote this post today and then this article appeared on MSN...

3 comments:

  1. Awwww! You are so sweet! To be honest, I try to be positive...but I'm not always successful at it! :)

    Hope you have a great weekend and enjoy the wonderful, warm weather and beautiful fall colours! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. One more thing! Mind if I use that pic of us girls at the Gay Pride Parade (2001) for my Throwback Thursday?? I just love that pic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is just so refreshing to be around (well not so much physically anymore but around in spirit) a positive person with a +++ attitude!! So many people (myself definitely included) have become so self absorbed and just plain rude to each other and themselves. I love your positivity!
    and of course you can use that pic!! It is a good one..and we all look in such great shape too!

    ReplyDelete

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...