Wednesday 14 April 2010

Public Service Environment Week

is coming this way soon. I volunteered to stand on the committee organizing this week of events. It is going to be interesting to see what ideas and projects actually go beyond the week to positively impact peoples thoughts and actions in everyday life.
Any ideas on what type of activities and events we can organize to create mass awareness of just HOW important the preservation of our environment is? I personally want to increase awareness of the effects our carbon footprint will have on future generations although some of the suggestions for taking public transit, walking or cycling to work are really not realistic in Toronto. (the transit system sucks, most people work too far to walk or even cycle to work) carpooling might be an option for people who don't have to drop off/pick up kids at daycare super early, just not an option for me at this point in my life.
I try not to use plastic bags- at least at the grocey store i always bring my own, if I take a plastic bag i always reuse it until it's falling apart. I try to bring a litterless lunch- which isn't always an easy task! any littter i do create i recycle when possible.
At work i always turn off my moniter at the end of the day. I recycle all the paper I use (i've tried to go paperless at my desk but found I just couldn't work as effectively so had to drop that idea.)
This whole Environment Week planning will be very interesting and an eye opener I'm sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...