Friday 9 April 2010

was freud right?

There has got to be something to Freud's Oedipus C0mplex. The boy has recently been very very clingy with me and wants me to do everything with him. He won't take a bath unless i'm the one bathing him, he won't get dressed in the morning unless it's me there with him and now his latest "thing" is he won't go to sleep unless I lay with him for "4 minutes"...which usually turns into 40 minutes (a really bad habit we have to get out of ASAP!!)
We noticed this change in his attitude and behaviour over the course of a few months but when I really took note of this is on a recent trip to Niagara Falls. On the way home we stopped at the outlet mall, I wanted to go into La Vie En Rose for a quick look around. Well the boy wouldn't let me go alone so he tagged along while I looked for "new pajamas". He picked out a very sheer, flowy nighty and told me i must buy it because it would look very pretty. So since it was on sale and was the right size I humoured him and bought it....well dont' you think that very night he asked me to put on the pretty pj's because he wanted to see...he was very excited when i showed him the pretty pj's!! Lucky he is not quite 4 yet and his innocence is so beautiful!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, D! I remember my middle brother and my youngest brother both going through something similar. Around the same age as your son, they started getting really clingy with my Mom and doing all those same things as well. My youngest brother even told my Mom every day that she was the prettiest in the world and that he loved her the most. HA! Now he's 23. When he became a teenager, the kisses and "you're the prettiest" stopped.

    You're right though. His innocence is so beautiful...AND, at least you know he's got good taste in picking out "new pajamas"! ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is kind of flattering but it's a little hard in the mornings when he won't let G help in get dressed and I am trying to make lunches, breakfast and tidy the kitchen before we leave. it's also hard when i am asked to sit with him for "4 minutes" (his funny thing) at school before i leave him for the day- 4 minutes always turns into 20 somehow!
    Yes his taste in pj's is very good!! hope it lasts for when he gets married!! he'll make someone a very happy woman!

    ReplyDelete

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...