Wednesday 21 April 2010

why oh why

do the constructions crews have to do their work during rush hour??? I have been late for work almost every day for the past week or two- why you ask? Well not the obvious my kids won't get ready in the morning, i slept in or I left late...they get ready just fine, I wake up at 5:30 and I always leave on time. It's the flipping construction on city streets that make me late. My normal 30-40 minute drive to work has been extended on some days to 50 or 60 minute+. The obvious solution might be to leave home earlier...a reasonable solution when one does not have kids but this is not an option. Daycare only opens at 7:30 for her and 7 for him - i refuse to drop him off at 7 am as I cannot pick him up before 5:30 and that makes for a very long day for him, which results in a very cranky kid in the evening.
I cannot move closer to the office. I cannot move work closer to home (I have tried-believe me!!!) SO the solution is- late for work every day!!! The joys of living in a huge city with no regard for the livelyhoods of commuters (lucky for me i work in a nice unionized environment where there is no way i could get fired for being late-now if i embellezled loads of $$ that might be a different story!!)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that sucks. I miss many aspects of the city, but construction is not one of them.

    On the Island, there's construction going on right now. They're doing some work on the bridge. I almost freaked because that bridge is the only way on and off the island in the off season when the ferry is not running yet. The construction crews are courteous though. They do their construction AT NIGHT! This way, people who work off island can commute and people who have to go to the city can leave and come back. It's really nice, actually!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah definitely a downside to living in the city!
    i assume this trend will continue until some time in September!

    ReplyDelete

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...