Friday 28 October 2005

What's in a name?

I have always been obsessed with names. I have spent many hours dreaming of what my husband and I will one day name our child. The problem is there are so many beautiful names to choose from and of course there is the Jewish tradtion that one must name their child after a deceased relative. In our case we have 4 grandparents' names to choose from as well as my father's sister so choosing a strong, dynamic, nice sounding, and probably biblical name is going to be no easy task.
Right now we really don't have to worry about this naming business but the article
got me thinking about the importance of a name. I don't think some parents give it enough thought about how the name will affect their child later on. Did Gwyneth Paltrow really think APPLE was going to avoid being name fun of just because of who her mom is??? Or how about 50 cent naming his child Bow-TY of all things...plain weird in my opinion...let's see there are also names like Calico like Alice Cooper named his kid...that name just reminds me of a big orange cat...
I often think about the fact that a name will be with you for life so when naming your child try to remember that it's not always cool to be too different and kids can be really mean to each other at times so be kind...
Names I like:
Girls Boys:
Rebekah Eli
Rachel Frank (after my aunt Frances)
Rose Ross
Ella Harris or Harrison
Ellie Eitan
Carli Hilton...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...