Tuesday 21 November 2006

How I met your father

Nowadays it is no longer "taboo" to have met on the internet. It is actually kind of cool and very common place as it is becoming harder and harder to meet people in the "real world". I was thinking about all the trial and tribulations I had while searching for my beshert and I couldn't help laughing at all the doosies i had, and of course all the "nice guys" i had met before meeting my sweety pie. When my son is old enough to ask and wonder about how his parents met I will not be embarassed in the least to tell him the truth about how we met.
I know several people who concocted stories about how they met their sig-o's because they were ashamed or embarrased to admit they used internet dating services...boy have times changed!!
Just my thoughts on this subject...silly but mine!!

4 comments:

  1. That's a sweet post, D! I know lots of our friends who have met on the internet. It does seem so common now. Sure, there are the weirdos and crazies out there, but when you go through respectable avenues that even match you with people you have things in common with and people who share similar values, it makes things a little easier.

    I had met people online in the past *gasp* *shudder*. I just didn't meet "the one" online. I met my hubby through mutual friends, but I agree, many people I know have met through the internet (but not through some of the dodgy sites!).

    I think your story is a romantic one :) When Elie is old enough, I think he'll think it's so cool how his mommy and daddy found each other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw, I checked out your link on how you and Gav met. It gives me chills...sooooo romantic! I also love Jill and Adam's story!

    PS. I love that sweet pic of Elie! He's getting sooooo big! What a cutie pie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I agree. I always tell people how Adam and I met. After all, maybe they could find happiness as I did, or know someone who could. MY freind at work would not join jdate forever (like, 3 years), but then she did and she has been with her partner for a few years now.

    I will be proud to tell Zoƫ how I met her father!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:28 pm

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...