Saturday 25 November 2006

Some silly things I think about...

lately i have been noticing that some things really bother me to the point that i need to rant a little...

1) why do shampoo companies make the conditioner bottles smaller than the shampoo...i ALWAYS run out of conditioner before shampoo and then when the bottle is smaller I need to open a new conditioner bottle thus starting the cycle over again...

2) DOVE soap is wonderful, it conditions the skin, leaves it soft BUT the bar melts all over the place...how does one stop the mess that occurs from this melting bar soap?!?!

3) the new flip top toothpaste tubes are great, they reduce the messy clumps of dried paste BUT the tops are made with such flimsy plastic that the top almost always breaks before the tube is done, thus defeating the whole benefit

4) Why are spray bottles designed so that the consumers cannot use the last bit of product?? Have you ever noticed that you cannot possibly spray every last ounce out of the bottle??? FRUSTRATING!!!

5) my last annoyance for today...the paper cups that many coffee retailers use to serve coffee get so hot you cannot hold them safely...I cannot count the number of times I've cursed TH because the cup is too hot to hold and I didn't ask for a double cup- they should either redesign their cups or automatically give you a "sleeve" to avoid burns!!

4 comments:

  1. LOL! Oh, so true, Dina! I've often thought the same about the things you've just mentioned. However, for me, I go through shampoo faster than I go through conditioner.

    I know Second Cup usually serves their hot drinks in cups with sleeves, but other coffee shops should too. I used to bring my own mug to save waste from the paper cups. *sigh* I really miss Second Cup...and Tim Hortons (though the nearest TH is only 74 mins away) LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As for the Dove, I recommend you keep it in a soap dish outside of the bathroom. The steam from the shower is what keeps it melting. I don't bother to do that with Dove, but with my pricier soaps (Lush) I do.

    I agree on the rest...except I almost always get my Coffee at Second CUp or Starbucks, where they always give sleeves, so no problem for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:01 pm

    I know. Those things are annoying. Especially the Timmy's cups. I get a coffee there everyday and ask for a double cup. If you ask me, they're wasting more money by giving the double cups!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! I was going to mention a soap dish for your Dove soap. I do that for mine and I think when we first got married, Hubby thought I was a bit like Bree from Desperate Housewives! LOL! You're right though. Dove is really melty. Have you tried the Dove body wash? I find it's handier and neater, but I still like the bar soap when it comes to Dove.

    ReplyDelete

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...