Friday 19 May 2006

my garden has arrived...

I finally got started on my garden. I had been procrastinating it for a while now as the ground was too hard and sandy, I was tired and I just didn't have the energy to crouch down and put in all those flowers...BUT today was the day. I woke up early, ran some errands with my hubby who had the day off work too, then ventured over to the Home Depot Garden centre.. we picked out a bunch of flowers in a mix of colors and I also bought some vegetables to plant in the back yard... came right home and got started. Of course it took me way longer than it would have if I was able to bend down on my knees and really get into it but i was able to put in all the flowers with only a few breaks along the way. Thank goodness for all the rain we've had the past few days as the ground was the perfect texture to turn over and plant. Maybe tomorrow i'll get started on weeding the back and the other side of the garden...


For now the front still looks kind of skimpy but once the flowers bloom and grow in it is going to be sooo pretty :)



The vegetables are going to have to wait a least a day or two before I venture into the backyard to plant them. There is only so much energy left in my reserve for one afternoon :)



Happy planting!!!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome, Dina! I love this time of the year! Our asparagus has just started to pop up and my tomato plants are ready to be transplanted. I start them off indoors and move them out once their stems start to harden. I'm growing 3 types of tomatoes this year. We've got potatoes, cucumbers, cabbage, peas, beans, raspberries, currants, squash, parsley, oregano and thyme growing too. I'm trying not to have too much overlap because my MIL and my dad also have gardens. At least this way we can all trade once it's time to harvest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow your garden sounds awsome!! I don't have enough room for all those vegi's but will do tomatoes and try for zuccini this year.
    I have a lavendar plant that i'm going to try and grow outside...it just dries up indoors-and the cats eat it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet it looks great...we have to get moving on our front flower garden.

    In the back this year we are growing beans (green and yellow), cherry tomatoes, dill and boston lettuce.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome, D! Lavendar is great for headaches (if you do the aromatherapy thing instead of grabbing the bottle of Tylenol right away). It's got a very theraputic quality...and so does orange peel.

    ReplyDelete

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...