Wednesday 6 July 2011

Day Five and staying alive

This post is more about my visit with an orthopedic surgeon and less about my eating and exercise plan. Although I didn't get to work out yesterday I did stick to my eating well plan. I even took a healthy lunch with me down to Sick Kids hospital as I knew my son and I would likely be in for a long long day. It was a very long day.
We finally got down to the hospital after battling parking at the subway. I had decided to park at Yorkdale in order to avoid major traffic headaches. I didn't know the parking lot only opens at 9:30! Luckily they do start to open the gates a little earlier so we got in the lot at 9:15- but that meant we were still running late. Our appointment time was 10am. Although we did get down for 10 we didn't see the doctor till closer to 1pm! Can you imagine...they signed us in, sent us for x-rays then put us in a quite depressing room for close to 2 hours to wait to see a doctor! This is with an appointment! Anyway the first doctor came to do an assessment and determined that yes he definitely has scoliosis. He then told us the most likely option is surgery. Okay I was completely freaking out inside. This is pretty major. So finally the Orthopedic Surgeon arrived to confirm he has scoliosis but it may be corrected with a brace. So we are taking him back to sick kids in a few weeks for measuring and casting of a brace that he will have to wear for 23 hours a day. I had thought he'd only need to wear it at night but unfortunately I was quite wrong. My little guy is really worried about wearing this brace thing. And I don't blame him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...