Sunday 10 July 2011

New Week, time to get moving!

Haven't felt like posting much over the weekend. Was so busy with the kids and family stuff that I am finally getting to it!
Had a less-than-successful garage sale yesterday. We put up signs all over the neighborhood and had quite a few people drive by...and not stop! All in all the kids had a great time, we spent time together as a family and I did manage to reorganize some of our stuff as for making money...not so much! Can get less than a tank of gas with our profits but it was an experience over-all!
Later in the day we took the kids to Thornhill Pool for some family swim time. The kids had a blast and loved playing in the water. It is amazing what water-wings will do to a kids' confidence in the water! THEN we went out for my dad's birthday to Southern Rub Smokehouse.  Where we had a nice meaty dinner- definitely NOT the place for vegetarians ...the brisket was delicious smothered in smoked molasses sauce! The BBQ chicken looked yummy too!


As for my diet and exercise plan...well stuck to it over all except for dinner last night and the pizza with a side of chips I had at a birthday party today. Balanced it all out with a 3km run this evening. I was doing so well on my run until the last few yards, when the heat and humidity suddenly got to me and I had to slow down to a walk...but that was okay as I got to my goal- running with no walking (except for taking a moment to shove those ipod ear buds back into my ears as they kept falling out!- must find ones that stay in better- or go old school and get ones that go over my head like ear muffs!) I have to say, once i got going it felt pretty good to get out there!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:11 pm

    Hey, why don't you do the ZooRun with Adam and I. It'll be great motivation to keep up the running...it is what got me through last summer!!!

    ReplyDelete

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...