Saturday 8 November 2008

adventures in baby wearing

While I was pregnant with baby M i decided that I was going to wear her a lot more than i ever wore E. I thought it would be a great experience for both of us. Bonding. That is what I thought we would do while she was being carted around in a carrier. While I do love wearing my baby girl I have been finding that my body was just not made to wear baby for long periods of time. Yesterday baby and I travelled down to the Babytime show sans stroller so i could be hands free...was a great idea in theory but after 4 hours of having the baby on my front i am really really sore today!! I have tried quite a few carriers thanks to my dear friend Fancy Pantsy-who has lent me a sling, Bjorn and Mei Tei! Each one of the carries has their benefits but each also has their downfalls. i won't post my opinions here as i would rather any reader who may come across the blog make a decision bases on their own experinces!

Today we are double stroller shopping again as I have realized that I cannot wear M and put E in the stroller for too long...

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:56 pm

    I loved babywearing, but it was very rare that I went on an outting without the stroller even if I did wear Zoë a lot. I found that I liked having it around to put Zoë in if she fell soundly asleep, and also liked having it on hand to throw outerwear, diaper bag and shopping bags in. The only times I just used a carrier without the stroller were quick trips to places like the video store or bank.

    That said, Zoë was an early spring baby, so by the next spring (when we could take off our coats), she was too big and heavy to wear for long. This time around, my winter baby will still be light in the spring, so maybe I'll go without a stroller more. The outerwear was my main reason for always having the stroller...wearing a baby and carrying my jacket (since I never wear a jacket indoors, I overheat easily) is just too much for me!

    I always love seeing women wearing their babies with no stroller, diaper bag, etc. It looks so cozy and unencumbered...but I am not sure how they do it. Where do they put diapers and wipes? What do they do if a big diaper blow out happens?

    Anyways, for me, wearing my baby was more about enjoying it and keeping my baby happy (Zoë was not a baby that liked to be set down unless she was asleep) than going stroller free. It would be nice to be able to do both though.

    Until you get a double stroller, couldn't you have E walk when you want to have a break from having M in the carrier? By E's age Zoë rarely went into a stroller anymore anyways...only on big outtings like the Zoo. I know some of my friends (depending on their kids temperments I guess) who had kids 2-3 years apart never got double strollers, especially if they did not have both kids home with them.

    ReplyDelete

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...