Sunday 2 November 2008

The Must Haves

My brother and his wife are expecting their first baby soon. I am super excited to meet my nephew and to spoil him rotten :)
As I have mentioned before there are soooo many baby products out there on the market it can get really overwhelming for new parents. My personal recommendation on must have items...

a bouncy chair. This item gets used daily and has been a life saver on so many occasions. Both my kids have slept in this chair when they would nap nowhere else. They love the soft bouncy motion of this. And even when the batteries die and there is no vibrations they love it. The toy bars vary so much from chair to chair and I am not really sure it matter which one you get but we love ours.

swing. again a sleep aid for baby. Both my babies used the swing when they were really little to sleep. Now that the little one is almost 5 months she isn't as keen on sitting in the swing but we still use it on occasion. Our swing is borrowed and is obviously older as the kids who used it are now 7 and 3! There are tonnes of brands and styles to choose from but expensive doesn't mean better! I would probably get one that plugs in as batteries can get expensive and bad for the environment is disposed of incorrectly.

exersaucer. again something that gives you time for yourself (somewhat). Baby can play, bounce and have so much fun while you watch the smiles and giggles. Both babies could spend hours in our exersaucer! Although I think my older one liked it a little more than the baby does (but we'll see-she is still pretty young)

Jolly Jumper. I didn't get one of these for a long time as i thought we had no place to hang it. I finally gave in and got one after i tried it out at a friends house. My son loved it so much, i used to hang him up on the washroom doorframe and i would shower. This allowed me to peek out and entertain him while i was able to shower! We got the original JJ and I am looking forward to passing it along once we are done with it!

Those are the products that I would recommend to any first time parents. Of course some of them can't be used until baby is at least 3 months and able to support their own head.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...