Monday 3 November 2008

Terrible Twos...

Oh boy. Nothing could have prepared me for the terrible twos! I am challenged on a daily basis with my patience, and parenting abilities. Who knew that there was not a hint of exaggeration involved when people described the hell on earth of having a very stubborn 2 year old.
This morning the fit involved his desire to wear his new Spiderman PJ's to daycare. There was no way we were going to allow that to happen- especially since the said PJ's are covered in dried playdough and other goodies after a weekend of refusing to take them off! (they are currently being laundered-something i had to do the moment he left for daycare!) Of course the fact that he had been up since 5 am due to the time change and was on a sugar high from his Honeycomb cereal didn't help the matter any!
Kudos to my husband for getting the tantrums under control this morning with a much needed "time-out"! This method of making fit throwing boy sit in a corner for 1 -2 minutes to calm down actually works for us! Thank goodness because I was pulling my hair out in sheer frustration at not knowing what to do!

3 comments:

  1. We started timeouts with little G when she was 2 ... we still do it occasionally, it's the first step on the stairs. Sometimes she knows to go there herself!

    Tantrums are the WORST ... I feel your pain!

    Oh, and good luck with NaBLoPoMo this year too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for visiting Karen!!

    I was ready to give up yesterday morning but thankfully today he didn't freak out as much when we took off his Spiderman PJ's! It feels like progress :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:54 am

    Make sure to keep on top of teething. I have always beleived those 4 2nd year molars are a big part of the terrible twos. I know with Zoƫ, whenever she was especially tantrummy...a tooth popped out a day or two later. She got much better once she finished cutting all those teeth.

    ReplyDelete

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...