Tuesday 4 November 2008

Disasters in the kitchen...

I consider myself a pretty good cook. I can make simple meals and occasionally I'll attempt things a little more complex. My favourite part of being in the kitchen though is baking!
Recently we took the little ones apple picking and although the apple trees were mostly picked out we managed to still get a nice big bag of fresh yummy apples. I didn't want to waste any of the apples (I HATE wasting food and get very upset when we have to throw away rotten produce) so i decided to make a baked appled dessert. Now i have never made baked apples before and I didn't have a recipe so i was trying to do something i have never done before freehand...hmmm not a good idea!
The basic idea was to put the apples in a hot oven, after coring them and stuffing them with raisons and cinnomon. I did just that...but i totally forgot about them and two hours later smelled something super sweet coming from the kitchen. My baked apples burst and turned into baked apple sauce!! I have to admit that even though they didn't look the way i wanted not did they taste like what i was expecting they actually tasted pretty good!! Next time I'll have to set a timer and pay attention to them as i got distracted with other things and that was that!
anyone have a good baked apple recipe, with proven results???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...